- Take a closer look at a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Get to know the cradle of the ancient Greek civilization
- Explore a place of magnificent beauty and unique historical value
- Enjoy a unique view of the city up to the sea
Discover the monuments of the Acropolis, as they really were in antiquity! The Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the temple of Athena Nike, the Propylaea and other buildings of the Acropolis appear in front of you in a detailed 3D presentation. They are accompanied by works of art by famous artists, founding myths of the city and other stories from the Greek mythology, historical events that marked Athens and famous personalities related with the glory of the city. A unique 3D digital experience that only the Culture App can offer! Aim the mobile camera at the monument to reveal its name with the Augmented Reality (AR) technology. Listen or read its history and suddenly the destroyed monument appears on the screen of your phone in its original form, in 3D model and in 360 panoramic views.
- Identification of the monuments with the Augmented Reality (AR) technology
- Written historical information for 38 monuments
- Audio historical information for 38 monuments
- 3D models for 33 monuments
- 360 panoramic views from 33 monuments
- Related stories for 12 monuments
- GIFT: 68 written and audio information about culture and facts in ancient Greece
- Entrance fee
- Smartphone or earphones
- Food and drinks
- Guide services
This self-guided tour has no meeting point. The easiest way to reach the Acropolis of Athens is by metro. Take the RED line and get off at the acropolis metro station. A 10-minute walk will get you to the Acropolis Archaeological site.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Charged Smartphone
Know before you go
- Within 24h after booking, you will receive an email from the tour provider (Culture App) with instructions on how to download the content. Please check your spam folder.
- After downloading the content, the paid price is not refundable.
- The self-guided tour requires IOS 11.0 or later and Android 5.1 or later.
- You will need approximately 350MB of storage space on your phone.
- Make sure your smartphone is fully charged & you have your earphones with you.
- The self-guided tour can be used anywhere anytime, before, during or after your visit.
- Delete or retrieve the purchased content from your device anytime.
- Download the content of the tour while on Wi-Fi prior to your visit unless you have sufficient data.