This audio self-guided tour with AR technology and 3D visualize of Lindos Acropolis in 3rd c.BC, helps visitors explore the monuments and value the significance of the site.
Travel back in time to one of the oldest places of worship in ancient Greece
Admire the archaeological beauty and natural landscape of the Lindos Acropolis
Explore a Pan-Hellenic shrine of Athena and the regional center of her cult
Watch the temple ruins come alive on your phone screen with AR and 3D models
See what a typical religious sanctuary from the Hellenistic period looked like
Explore the ancient Greek Temple of Athena in Lindos on the island of Rhodes, and see its most important
parts come to life on your phone with the touch of a button. Witness the beauty of this archaeological site
through 3D representations of its monuments, an audio guide, and written information.
Learn how the goddess Athena is connected with the Knights of the Order of St. John, as well as the relation
between the emperors Tiberius and Diocletian and the island of Rhodes – by reading or listening to the temple’s history.
Aim your mobile camera at any part of the monument to reveal its name with Augmented Reality (AR) technology.
See a 3D model of the ruins appear on your screen in their original form with panoramic views.
Hear the many stories this sanctuary dedicated to the goddess Athene Lindia has to tell: from the foundation
of the first temple in the 6th century BC, its heyday during the Hellenistic period, until its transformation into a medieval castle.
- Identification of monuments with Augmented Reality (AR) technology
- App with an audio guide
- Written information for 20 monuments
- Audio information for 20 monuments
- 3D models for 15 monuments
- Panoramic views from 15 monuments
- Related stories for 7 monuments
- 68 written and audio information about ancient Greece
- Entry Ticket to the Lindos Acropolis
- Live guide
The audio-guided tour starts at the Lindos Acropolis. The easiest way to reach the archaeological site is by bus.
Take the local bus to the Archaeological site, and then it’s a 15-minute walk to the Lindos Archaeological site.
- What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Charged Smartphone
Know before you go
- Within 24h after booking, you will receive an email from the tour provider (Culture App) with instructions on how to download the content.
- Please check your spam folder.
- After downloading the content, the paid price is not refundable.
- Booking requests received between 19:00 to 8:29 a.m. (GMT +3) are served from 8:30 a.m. and on.
- The self-guided tour requires IOS 11.0 or later and Android 5.1 or later.
- You will need approximately 350MB of storage space on your phone.
- Make sure your smartphone is fully charged & you have your earphones with you.
- The self-guided tour can be used anywhere anytime, before, during or after your visit.
- Delete or retrieve the purchased content from your device anytime.
- Download the content of the tour while on Wi-Fi prior to your visit unless you have sufficient data.