About this Product
Digital culture guide
3D models, immersive videos, 360o panoramic views, written and audio historic information in the palm of your hand
English, Greek, español, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, 中国人
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance, provided the voucher has not been redeemed
- Discover one of the oldest places of worship in the ancient Greek world
- Get to know a typical sanctuary of the Hellenistic period
- Step back in time, to the medieval era of the knights
- Enjoy the archaeological landscape and the natural beauty of Rhodes
How is the goddess Athena connected with the Knights of the Order of St John? What is the relation between the emperors Tiberius and Diocletian and the island of Rhodes? Come and explore one of the oldest and most impressive sanctuaries in the ancient world. Athena Lindia has many stories to tell: the foundation of the sanctuary in the 9th c. BC, its heyday during the Hellenistic period, its transformation into a medieval castle. An archaeological site of stunning beauty unfolds in front of you, through the 3D representations of its monuments, with the guarantee of the Culture App!
What is included
What is not included
Access to the archaeological site
The easiest way to reach the archaeological site is by local buses that connect the city of Rhodes with Lindos. From the traditional village of Lindos, you will get to Lindos archaeological site on foot or by mules in about 15 minutes.
Know before booking
- After booking, you will receive an email from the tour provider (Culture App) with a link on how to download the content. Please don’t forget to check your spam folder as well. After activation the product becomes non-refundable.
- Enable mobile data for optimal tour experience
- The tour requires IOS 11.0 or later and Android 10 or later. The tour is not compatible with Windows Phones.
- You will need approximately 400MB of storage space on your phone.
- The tour can be used anytime anywhere, before, during or after your visit.
- The app works offline. Internet is only needed for the integrated Google map.
- You can delete or retrieve the content anytime.
- Download the content of the tour while on Wi-Fi prior to your visit, unless you have sufficient data
- For opening days/hours and entry tickets, please visit the website http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/3/eh355.jsp?obj_id=2383
What to remember
- Smartphones should be fully charged
- Wearing comfortable shoes is recommended
- Wearing a sun hat during the summer months is recommended
- Bringing a water bottle is recommended
- The place is NOT wheelchair accessible